Weatherization Assistance: A No-Cost Program for Getting Help with Replacing Your Heating System
Our programs are funded by different sources, including federal and local governments as well as utility companies. These programs are a lifeline for many Maryland residents.
CAC doesn’t just offer a discount on heating system upgrades; whether you’re a homeowner or a renter, weatherization assistance is available at no cost to you if you meet our program criteria. Weatherization means repairing or replacing old or broken heating systems as well as making overall home improvements. It aims to make your home more comfortable, safe, healthy, and affordable to run. The no cost services we offer include:
– Heating and cooling system repair or replacement
– Hot water system upgrades
– New insulation and air sealing
Unfortunately, CAC isn’t able to help in instances where you’ve already bought a new system and are currently financing it through the installer. To qualify for our no cost upgrades, you must work with CAC and our network of installers from start to finish.
How to Qualify for Heating or Furnace Replacement Assistance
Qualifying for furnace replacement assistance with CAC is easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Check Income Eligibility: Ensure that your household income falls within the eligible range here.
- Online Intake Form: Fill out our simple online intake form. This is the first step in letting us know you need assistance.
- Wait for a Follow-Up: After we receive your form, we will contact you. Depending on your situation, we may need a full application from you; otherwise, we’ll schedule an energy assessment of your home.
Find Out if You Qualify for CAC’s Maryland Weatherization Program
Many Maryland residents don’t make much needed home repairs because they think they don’t qualify for government help with air conditioning and heating systems. However, our weatherization programs have different eligibility criteria than our other assistance programs.
You might be surprised to find that you qualify. For example, a family of four with an annual income of $94,650 or less is eligible. Find more details on our Weatherization Eligibility page!
Our no-cost weatherization programs cover the entire state of Maryland.
Improving Home Comfort
These upgrades improve the overall comfort and safety of your home.
Lower Heating and Energy Bills
Our services are long-lasting and help reduce your energy costs year-round.
Homeowners AND Renters Qualify
Whether you own your home or rent one, you can receive help from CAC!