Energy Assistance Program

In partnership with the Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP), we provide assistance to help with utility bills. Our program offers the following:

  • Utility bill assistance to catch up with amount owed to avoid shut-offs.
  • Help with getting utilities turned back on after shut-off.
  • Weatherization Assistance which is an energy survey of your home to find where fixes can be made to save money long term.

We also provide access to housing assistance, food assistance through the Howard County Food Bank, and Early Childhood Education through Head Start and Prekindergarten programming.

Ready to apply?

To apply and verify eligibility, you will need the following:
  • Picture Identification (driver's license, passport or other government issued ID).
  • Proof of Howard County residency (copy of utility bill, rental agreement or lease document).
  • Proof of income for the past 30-days (paystubs or social security award letter or unemployment benefits).
  • Social Security cards for all household members over the age of 2.